What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is a second layer of security used to verify your identity when you log in to your account.
After you set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), you'll log in with two steps:
- Something you know: your password.
- Something you have: your phone.
There are various benefits of Two-Factor Authentication including:
- Stronger security: Decrease the chance of having a stranger or hacker gaining access to your account.
- Avoid fraud and identity theft.
- Secure online relationships/
- Avoid having strangers access your Scalify account and misrepresent your business.
Scalify uses Google Authenticator App as the go-to Two-Factor Authentication method.
How to activate Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your Scalify account?
Using Google Authenticator App for Scalify
The Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Scalify uses is the Google Authenticator App.
The first step then is to have the Google Authenticator App installed on your device.
Next, open the Scalify app in a new tab, log in to your account, and follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings → Security.
- Click on the Enable button.
- Open your Google Authenticator App on your mobile device.
- Click on the "+" button.
- Scan the unique QR code provided to you by Scalify.
- Enter the 6-digit Scalify authentification code visible on your Google Authenticator App in the 6-digit code field in Scalify.
- Click on Verify.
Logging in to your Scalify account with Two-Factor Authentication
After you set up Google Authenticator App as your Two-Factor Authentication method, the next time you log in to your account, follow the steps below:
- On the log in page, log in using your email address and password, or use your Google/Facebook account
Once you verify your account with the Google Authenticator App, you'll be asked to enter the authentication code visible on your Google Authenticator App each time you log in to Scalify.
Backup code for Google Authenticator App
After you successfully set up Google Authenticator App as your Two-Factor Authentication method for Scalify, a backup code will be available for download in the Scalify app.
This backup code will only be available for download once, after you download it, it will no longer be available for download in Scalify.
Click on the Download button to download this code in txt format. Keep this file saved on your device and do not share this code with anyone.
The purpose of this backup code is to enable you to log in to your account in case you're experiencing issues with your Google Authenticator App or if you no longer have access to it.
Only use this backup code in the cases mentioned above.
After you use the backup code, you will be required to reset your password.